Friday, April 1, 2011
Medallion Thank You
Today's card is a very simple yet elegant design that combines basic stamping and embossing. I used Stampin' Up's! Medallion stamp as the focal image and the basic embossing technique to create this card.
Here is how I made this card:
1. Cut a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of early expresso card stock and score it at
5 1/2 for your card base.
2. Cut a 4" x 5 1/4 piece of real red card stock and set it aside.
3. Cut a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of crumb cake card stock and set it aside.
4. Ink up the Medallion stamp in real red craft ink. Be sure to ink up
the stamp very well. You do not want to miss any areas or the image
will not come out vivid.
5. Stamp the Medallion stamp onto the edge of crumb cake card stock
leaving some of the image off of the paper.
6. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the stamped image and tap
off any extra powder.
7. Use your heat tool and emboss the medallion image. Be sure not
to leave the heat tool in one area for a long period of time or otherwise
you will scorch your paper.
8. Stamp the thank you greeting onto the crumb cake card stock in the
left hand corner in the early expresso ink.
9. On a scrap piece of crumb cake card stock repeat steps 4 and 5.
10. Cut out the center of the Medallion image using your paper snip scissors.
11. Adhere the cut out center of the Medallion image onto the original
stamped and embossed Medallion image using Stampin' Dimensional,
trim any excess that hangs over the edge of the paper.
12. Place a large cream half back pearl onto the center of the raised
medallion using a mini glue dot.
13. Mat the 4" x 5 1/4" piece of real red card stock onto the early expresso
card base using snail adhesive.
14. Viola, you're done.
Hope you enjoyed today's card tutorial.
at 7:00 AM