Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sophistication


Hey There Crafters!

Today's card is an elegant Black and White color combination featuring the darling Chandelier stamp by Hero Arts. This card design is so versatile that it can be given to a recipient as a birthday greeting, wedding card, or even as a Girl's Night Out invitation.

To make the card, I simply stamped the Chandelier image onto a piece of SU Whisper White cardstock in SU Black craft ink, then attached adhesive jewels in various places to emphasize the hanging crystals of a real chandelier. The jewels not only add a cool dimension to the image, but they also make the card pop.

For the background design, I used a technique called "letter-press" technique. By inking up my Spellbinders Impressabilities impression plate and dry embossing the inked design onto a piece of white cardstock, I was able to create my very own patterned designer paper. The effect of this background technique in my opinion is what gives this card so much character. To finish, I topped the card off with some white satin ribbon and a bow.

Hope you enjoyed today's creation. Visit me tomorrow for another card design using Hero Arts stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Simple Beauty" kit.