Thursday, June 30, 2011

Diaper Cakes




Happy Thursday!

I'm so excited that the week is almost over and the long holiday weekend is vastly approaching. Lately I have been planning a couple of special events that are scheduled to occur next month. The first event is my cousin's baby shower that will be taking place on Saturday. Myself and one of my cousin's dear friends have been planning the shower for weeks and now together we are put the finishing touches on this very special event.

Today, I thought I would share with you the centerpieces I have created for the party. These miniature diaper cakes are so adorable and festive that I am sure they will be the highlight of the decorations. Diaper cakes are pretty simple to make, yet can be quite time consuming when you need to make a half dozen or so of them for centerpieces.  Nonetheless, these little babies were fun to assemble and I enjoyed every little minute of the process.

In addition to the diaper cake centerpieces I also individually decorated 28 mini bags of microwave popcorn as the guests party favor. The mother-to-be chose this idea and the cute little saying that dressed each of the bags "She's About to Pop."

I'm really looking forward to this Saturday. I will be sure to post more pictures of the event and event decor later next week.

Until then, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. "She's about to pop," SOOOOOOO cute! If any of my friends get pregnant anytime soon I am going to use this line. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Simple Beauty" kit.