Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stampin' Up!'s - Always Elegant Stamp Set



"Many fine things can be done in a day if you don't always make that day tomorrow" - Anonymous

Today's quote is words of inspiration to stop procrastinating. Often times I find myself not accomplishing tasks related to my goals of running a successful Stampin' Up! business simply because I fear the results will not be perfect. What I did not know it that the stress and anxiety I often feel to have a perfect business is a direct link to my procrastination. Since making this self discovery I am now making strides to avoid the perfectionism trap. I am learning to focus more on completing the necessary tasks of running my Stampin Up! business and less on how perfect my Stampin' Up! business really is.

What I have learned is that no matter how hard I may work at my business, it will never be perfect. Perfection is an idea not a reality. People were born to make mistakes and to learn from the mistakes they make. So rather than berate myself for not being perfect, I will continuously remind myself that building any successful business is a journey. The only way to reach the end goal of that journey is to take the necessary steps to get that business up and going.

As I work through the trials and errors of my Stampin' Up! business I will come to see that the mistakes I make will actually be little gifts in disguise. Because each mistake I make, will teach me what not to do and help me do a better job the next time around.

I hope this blog post on my self discovery for procrastination is inspiring enough for you to tackle your habits of procrastionation. As I embark on my journey towards being a better person, I hope the testimonies I share with you each week, will inspire you to work at being a better person as well.

Today's card uses the Always Elegant stamp set and Elegant Lines embossing folder, found inside the 2010-2011 Stamin' Up! Ideas Book and Catalog.  This stamp set and embossing folder is perfect for wedding cards, anniversary cards, and even for bridal shower invitations. Visit my website to purchase the stamp set, embossing folder and cardstock used in today's featured card.

 Happy Stamping!

Supplies
Cardstock: Baja Breeze and Whisper White Cardstock
Stamp Set:  Always Elegant
Accessories: Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Ribbon: 1/4 inch white grograin
Non-Stampin' Up! Products: Martha Stewart border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Anita Design's "Simple Beauty" kit.